Sunday, June 17, 2007

Inertia

I'm experiencing a severe, fatalistic case of procrastination. Library Thing must have sensed this, because it has, yet again, gone down. That should be a sign that I should get to it, write this damn essay so that I can start in on the term paper, a rough draft of which needs to be in on Friday. HELL.

What am I going to do?! Well, I'm going to write the thing, eventually. Probably tonight (better be tonight). I know that all I need to do is to bring NeoOffice back up (actually it's up...in the background, with a paragraph of text...waiting). A mere act of will and responsibility, but can I do it? Yeah, probably...but there's a pile of panic to hurdle over first, or face, or bed down. The latter would be the most sensible thing to do...it's not like it's a monumental task before me. I just don't want to do it. I am not so inclined. There are no words.

It's Father's Day, which is always sort of weird. I should send a note or something to my dad, but I never do. But then I rarely hear from him either, and I fear that acknowledging this holiday would either cause puzzlement or guilt. I purchased a library card for my stepdad, a surprising spark of inspiration on my part, I think. I don't know....the whole day makes me a little uncomfortable.

I think I hear the cave calling. I feel a dull ache coming for my head. I feel inertia setting in. I must try to shake it off.

No comments: